Tuesday, January 6, 2009

JEREMY'S TAKE ON DAY 2 OF THE FAST

Just logged into Google Reader and saw this post from Jeremy Self of Free Chapel. Some excellent thoughts to assist you in your journey. I especially like the "quick tip" at the bottom of this post.

Good stuff, Jeremy.


fast, day 2
Jeremy Self, January 6, 2009

There are so many tremendous physical benefits to cleansing your body through fasting (if you're physically able).

1. You no longer need that colon cleansing that costs an outrageous amount.
2. You frequent the restroom more often than normal.
3. Your sense of smell is heightened so much so that smelling coffee makes you salivate so much that you don't even need a drink of water.

These are just a few . . .

But, even greater is the spiritual cleansing that occurs. For me, I can get busy. I pray and read the Bible, but I don't quite have the clarity I'd like to have. Fasting somehow cleans all the clutter out of my mind and creates a T1 line to heaven. I'm able to hear more clearly and be led by God's Spirit in more real ways.

Today, the Lord gave me 4 things to encourage our staff to do during this New Year. Ordinarily, this may take me several hours for me to think through and plan, but it only took about 30 minutes today. Good stuff.

A quick tip: When you're stomach growls allow that to be a reminder to pray a simple prayer like, "God I am hungry for you and I ask you to fill me with power!"

No comments: