Sunday, January 18, 2009

SUNDAY IN REVIEW 1.18.09

• Awesome day @ a2. Yeah, God! Big time!

• Great praise and worship set.

Counting On God by New Life / Desperation Band has become our theme song for this series. I love it.

• The rest of the set included: Salvation Is Here by Hillsong United, Everlasting God by New Life, How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin.

• I know How Great Is Our God has been sang a billion times by now, but this week I was struck by the beautiful simplicity of this worship song to our GREAT GOD.

• Pretty cool having Bethany B. of Act of Congress join in on violin / fiddle this morning. This girl is one of the most gifted players I’ve ever heard.

• Did Steve Fee’s song Burn for You for an “item” number today. I love this song. It moves me.

The Money Rant by The Veracity Project is one of the best video pieces I’ve seen for use in a public worship service. You can check it out by going to their site.

• How about the band on the cover of The O’Jay’s classic, For The Love of Money?

• Hey, how about the lead vocalists on For The Love of Money? I know… I know… Don’t quit your day job… I love the fact that we can have a GREAT TIME at church.

• Really sensed God’s anointing on the weekend message. I usually hate – and I do mean HATE – talking about the subject of money. But I really sensed a special awareness of God’s presence to deliver this message. You can check it out on iTunes.

• Great response during our prayer time this morning. Wow.

• I love our volunteers.

• Special thanks to Ahntuan B. for jumping in and making things happen with Guest Services.

• People like Jennifer G., Teddie B., Bill R., Kevin and Shannon J. are also making it happen in our Children’s. (Can’t wait to see the new set and get our kids involved in the new curriculum on February 1.)

• I’m more excited about what God is doing @ a2 than I’ve ever been. Look out. The future is going to be amazing. God is going to use a2 as part of His redemptive plan and purpose for this city.

Want to catch the dream? Check out our Dream Team Session this Wednesday at 6:30. We’ll be covering Chapters 1 and 2 of Mark Driscoll’s book, Vintage Church.

• We’ll complete our 21 Day Adventure of Prayer and Fasting this Saturday evening. I’m thankful for the experience and so glad that the end is in sight. I’m praying that this week I zone in on the purpose of prayer and fasting: the passionate pursuit of God’s heart…

• Pumped about our Student Super Bowl Party on February 1. It is going to ROCK! I guarantee it. How much better could it get? The Superbowl! Rock Band! Pizza! Chicken Wings! The works… Oh, yeah. Students grades 6-12 are invited.

• We’ll meet for prayer tomorrow AM and Wednesday PM at 6…

• God is so good! I'm out.

No comments: