Thursday, March 19, 2009

NIGHTLINE SMACKDOWN: DRISCOLL VS. CHOPRA AND PEARSON

Oh, boy! Tomorrow night Mars Hill Church in Seattle will host ABC's Nightline for a debate on the topic: Does Satan Exist? In one corner (SATAN DOES EXIST), Mark Driscoll, founding pastor of Mars Hill and prolific author, along with Annie Lobert, founder of the international Christian ministry, "Hookers for Jesus." (I just write it like I read it, folks...)

In the other corner (SATAN DOESN'T EXIST), new age guru Deepak Chopra, along with Carlton Pearson. Pearson's appearance is amazing, to say the least. You may remember that Pearson was Carman's pastor when Carman was in his "Hey Day." The guy was a fourth generation Pentecostal pastor who somehow defected from "sound doctrine" and adopted a theology of universalism and inclusionism... Holy smokes... That blows me away...

Well, tomorrow evening Driscoll will step into the ring with Chopra and Pearson. I'm setting my DVR and look forward to the exchange.

After watching the debate, let me know what you think. Here's the link to Nightline's promo on the debate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the debate and posted my notes and comments on my blog.

You can see them here:
http://amyletinsky.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/my-notes-and-analysis-of-the-abc-satan-debate/

Anonymous said...

Here's my analysis:

debate