Sunday, March 1, 2009

U2'S NO LINE ON THE HORIZON DROPS TUESDAY

It's been five long years since How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb dropped... This Tuesday, u2 drops their 12th studio album titled No Line On The Horizon. At this point, the reviews are mixed... Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the current single... Sonically, it's interesting... Lyrically, no where near what the band is capable of...

However, after listening to the live stream of several of the cuts on their My Space site, I'm hopeful... Here are some of the lyrics of one of the stand out cuts on the new CD. The song is titled, "Magnificent."

I was born
I was born to sing for you
I didn’t have a choice but to lift you up
And sing whatever song you wanted me to
I give you back my voice
From the womb my first cry, it was a joyful noise…

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar

Justified till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent
Magnificent

No comments: