Sunday, May 10, 2009

SUNDAY IN REVIEW 05.10.09

· Our first Mother’s Day @ a2 exceeded my expectations!  I mean it!  After everyone who told me they were going out of town this weekend, I had mentally prepared myself for a smaller crowd.  God blew me away!  

· Great crowd: 175 strong!  Yeah, God!  BTW, big shout out to the a2 crew… Great crowds don’t just happen… They’re a result of a church who take seriously their responsibility to live missionally in this world…  Thanks for believing in what God is doing at a2.  You rock! 

· Meaningful time in worship.  For those interested, here’s today’s set list: 

Awesome God, Free Chapel 
(Our band kicks this song.  Chris Miller is a beast on the electric…) 

Everlasting God, Chris Tomlin 
(Solid…) 

Open Up The Sky, Deluge 
(One of my favorite worship songs right now…  Nicole McClean really brought it 
on this one…)

· Shannon Johnson covered the welcome, announcements and the Mother’s Day segment in today’s service.  She’s a natural!  She made us smile and laugh, while honoring moms at the same time.  Great job.   

· Loved the Mother’s Day Video Card…  Really warm and funny… If you’re looking for a great Mother’s Day piece, we found this one on sermonspice.com

· Really sensed a "leading" to continue the series The Best News You’ve Heard All Week with a message titled UNSHAKABLEPsalm 11 is one of my favorite psalms.  We’ll post the message notes a little later on tonight. 

· Takeaways from today's message:

A crisis will always reveal who or what you really trust.  
Regardless of what's going on in your life, God is eternal - nobody brought Him into this world and nobody can take Him out; God is unchanging - lots of stuff may change, but God is constant; and God is sovereign - He is in control.
Regardless of what's going on in your world, God is keeping score. 
Ultimately, God will set everything straight.    

· Closed the service with Matt Redman’s song, You Never Let Go… Once again, we really felt a “leading” to go with this…  The lyrics of this song move me… 

I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
 
there will be an end to these troubles
 
but until that day comes
 
still I will praise You 
still I will praise You   

Oh, no, You never let go 
Through the calm and through the storm 
Oh, no, You never let go 
In every high and every low 
Oh, no, You never let go 
Lord, You never let go of me… 

· Really thankful for our Children’s Ministry team… God has given us an incredible group people who are making a difference with our kids.  Thanks for all you’re doing. You guys rock!  I love you. 

· Finally, I really believe God wants to do something AWESOME @ a2.  This week has been one of the most intense weeks of spiritual warfare I’ve experienced in a long, long time…  It’s crucial that we continue to PRAY LIKE CRAZY, LOVE BEYOND LIMITS and LIVE FOR HIS GLORY.  

· This next week we’ll wrap up the series, The Best News… by talking about the AMAZING FAITHFULNESS of our GREAT GOD. The service will include Holy Communion and a special prayer and anointing opportunity for everyone…  

No comments: