Wednesday, June 10, 2009

BETH MOORE ON STRONGHOLDS

In her excellent book, Praying God's Word, Beth Moore writes:

"A stronghold is anything that exalts itself in our minds, “pretending” to be bigger or more powerful than our God. It steals much of our focus and causes us to feel overpowered. Controlled. Mastered. Whether the stronghold is an addiction, unforgiveness toward a person who has hurt us, or despair over a loss, it is something that consumes so much of our emtotional and mental energy that abundant life is strangled – our callings remain largely unfulfilled and our believing lives are virtually ineffective."

This Sunday we'll be talking about strongholds and how they can be demolished through the weapons God has made available in Christ (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

God longs for you to be free - free to be all He created you to be... I really believe that this weekend long standing strongholds will fall as we acknowledge the greatness of our God and appropriate the victory He has secured for us through the cross of Jesus Christ...

Isaiah 43:5-7 (NIV), "Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. 6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth-7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

No comments: