Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Don't Do...?

Tonight, in our First Wednesday Leadership Tune Up I talked about the importance of our attitude. It can be a "deal breaker" when it comes to ministry and making a difference.

A few years ago I read this quote by John Maxwell. Still great stuff - even after all these years.

The world is a better place because Michelangelo didn’t say, “I don’t do ceilings.” The world is a better place because Martin Luther didn’t say, “I don’t do doors.” The world is a better place because John Wesley didn’t say, “I don’t do fields.” The world is a better place because Noah didn’t say, “I don’t do boats.” The world is a better place because Moses didn’t say, “I don’t do rivers.” The world is a better place because David didn’t say, “I don’t do giants.” The world is a better place because Jeremiah didn’t say, “I don’t do weeping.” The world is a better place because Mary didn’t say, “I don’t do virgin births.” The world is a better place because Mary Magdalene didn’t say, “I don’t do feet.” The world is a better place because Peter didn’t say, “I don’t do Gentiles.” The world is a better place because John the Baptist didn’t say, “I don’t do baptisms.” The world is a better place because Paul didn’t say, “I don’t do letters.” The world is a better place because Jesus didn’t say, “I don’t do crosses.”

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Wow...
That's awesome...
I think we all should work on not defining ourselves by the "don'ts"...
Because, more often than not, we end up making so many insignificant areas our "thing"...