Wednesday, November 18, 2009

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...






There are five excellent releases that are in regular rotation in my iPod right now...

The new Switchfoot is amazing! Hello Hurricane. Lyrically intelligent. Musically excellent. Foreman is one of the best writers out there.

Flyleaf. Memento Mori. Lacey's vocals soar. This girl probably rocks harder than anyone out there right now. Probably because the guitar tracks laid down by Sameer and Jared are scorching! The song Beautiful Bride may be one of the most lyrically intelligent, hard rocking songs about the church ever written. If you're going to play it, play it LOUD!

If you're in the mood for Christmas worship check out the new release by Chris Tomlin: Glory in the Highest. I love the fact that it's an extremely worshipful Christmas release. You'll be hearing some of this stuff at a2 Church.

B. Reith is one of the most creative artists to come along in some time. Part rock. Part hip hop, rap and R & B. The dude has an amazing voice. The writing is clever. I absolutely love this CD and find myself going back to the tracks Comeback Kids, I Know, My Story and Antidote again and again...

Finally, if you liked the old Creed, you'll like new Creed titled Full Circle. No frills. Just straight ahead rock and roll with above average lyrics.

That's what I'm listening to right now... And right now, the listening is sooooooo GOOD!

By the way, if you haven't checked out lala.com or amazon.com mp3's, you're missing out on some of the cheapest ways to purchase the music you love. My preference BIG TIME over iTunes.

No comments: