Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION WORTH KEEPING!

For the last several years I've set a goal of reading the Bible through each year...

I've not been perfect in my attempts... I miss a few days here and there...

When that happens, I've learned not to stress and not to attempt to play "catch up..." That's a recipe for burnout and frustration... I've learned that it's not about the amount of Scripture I read (like it's some kind of personal contest), but about how much I allow the Holy Spirit to work God's Word into the fabric of my heart and life...

With that said, there's a definable difference in areas like my pursuit of spiritual growth, my level of peace in the midst of adversity and setbacks, my desire to be conformed into the image of Jesus and my ability to overcome temptation when I begin the day with time in God's Word...

The guys over at YouVersion.com have made more than 20 Bible Reading Plans available totally free of charge. You can check them out by clicking here...

If you're thinking about a New Year's Resolution, and want to make one that can totally revolutionize your life, check out one of the Bible Reading plans / options available via YouVersion. You're sure to find a plan that fits your schedule...

You'll be amazed at what regular time in God's Word will do for your life. This is a New Year's Resolution Worth Keeping this year and every year!

Ready. Set. Read.





1 comment:

tpenny said...

Wow that's amazing! And thanks for the link to the bible reading plan link. That is truly a blessing! I have the same goal this year and I know by the end there will be a significant difference in my life too.