Thursday, March 25, 2010

THE STORY OF ZAC SMITH

Zac's story challenged and inspired my faith... It reminded me of three Jewish guys faced with an ultimatum from a king named, Nebuchadnezzar. The ultimatum?

"Bow to the idol in the town square, or burn in a raging incinerator" (Daniel 3:15).

Their response?

"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, 'O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up'" (Daniel 3:16-17 NLT)

The words that have always challenged me? "...even if he doesn't..."

I like it when HE does... Not so much, when "He doesn't..." Zac's story is an "...even if he doesn't..." kind of story.

I'm praying for Zac and his family. I'm also praying for Zac's kind of faith. This video is worth watching.

The Story of Zac Smith from NewSpring Media on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Bethany Edgeworth said...

Thanks for posting this...even though it brought me to tears. I needed this reality check to remind me how blessed I am :)