Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Why You Need To Worship Today!

Dick Mills was a modern evangelist who was especially used in the gift of prophecy. 

Janet and I had the privilege of hosting Dick in our first pastorate… Dick must have been close to eighty at the time, and He was one  of the most kind, humble, “beautiful” men I’ve ever met… During the four nights Dick was with us, he shared a “word of prophecy” over Janet that we’re still holding on to today. In fact, we’ve already seen aspects of that “word” fulfilled in so many amazing ways…

Before Dick went home to be with the Lord, whenever he felt that he was under some kind of spiritual or Satanic attack... Whenever he felt like he was being harassed by the evil one, he shared that he would often go to a private room, put two chairs out in the room, each chair facing the other… 

Then Dick would simply say out loud to the evil one: “Devil, sit down… I’m going to worship God, and you’re going to watch me.” 

Wow! Wow! Wow! I love that! 

Maybe that’s what you need to do today? 

Maybe you’ve been battling sickness, depression, anxiety, fear, worry, debt, the loss of a job, relational challenges or difficulties? Maybe you feel harassed by the evil one?

What if today, in the privacy of your home, you decided you were going to make a stand

What if today, you pulled out two chairs, turned them facing towards one another, and then just addressed the evil one out loud: 

“Satan! Sit down! I’m going to worship God and you’re going to watch me…”

And, then, you began to offer to God, “…a sacrifice of praise — the fruit of lips that that profess His name.” (Hebrews 13:15)

What happens when you worship?

1) Authentic worship breaks chains! (Acts 16:23-25; Isaiah 58)

Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening. 26 Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake, and the prison was shaken to its foundations. All the doors immediately flew open, and the chains of every prisoner fell off! Acts 16:25-26 

2) Authentic worship helps me get my attention off of me and onto God! 

3) Authentic worship helps me cultivate an attitude of gratitude. 

4) Authentic worship restores our joy and our strength!

Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! —Habakkuk 3:17-19

5) Authentic worship brings the presence of God! Psalm 22:3 says that God “…is enthroned on the praises of [His people]…”

This is your opportunity!

Today is the day!

Don’t procrastinate! Find yourself a room! Take out two chairs! Declare your heart for God!


“Satan! Sit down! I’m going to worship God and you’re going to watch me…”

No comments: