Monday, July 20, 2009

Dear Birmingham: You matter. We care.

Here's the introduction video to our new series at a2 Church titled, Dear Birmingham.

If God wrote a letter to this city what would He say? What would God say to a city with so much promise wrapped up in so much pain?

The memoirs of a guy who lived 2400 years ago might give us a clue. Nehemiah saw the city he loved at it's tortured worst. But God also gave him a glimpse of what that city could be and what that city should be. When Nehemiah took action, the miraculous occurred.



SHOUT OUT: This video was directed and shot by Chris Mileski. Photography by Chris Mileski, Kevin Johnson, Shannon Johnson and Caley Goins. Musical direction by Caley Goins. Script by cg.

6 comments:

KellyGoins said...

Amazing job bro. I am so proud of you, Janet and the whole gang at A2. I'm amazed at what God has already done in the short time there. The best is yet to come. Love ya man,

Kelly G

Ashley Self said...

That is a great video. jeremy, myself, Tyler, and Blake just watched it. So good.

Nicole said...

I wish I was in Birmingham to find out what the letter says! Very well done!

KFitz said...

Wow...thats just about all I can say about this video. Truly amazing message. Its a huge joy to be able to see Chris do this kind of work--I was lucky to have been a part of so much of his "early"...the quality, the professionalism, and the tone of this video is first-class. It makes me want to come back to Birmingham to be part of this team..:) that has a clear sense of moving a congregation into the 21st Century!

Kudos Chris and worship team!!

Shannon Johnson said...

Wow...Chris I just watched this since we missed last week. I wanted to get caught up on anything you might have posted last week etc. GREAT video and I hope to have some guests with us tomorrow too! We'll see. :) we are praying for you and are thankful for you and your obedience to God in always offering us a fresh word!!

Chris Goins said...

Thanks for the great comments, everyone. Hats off to Chris Mileski and Kevin Johnson for helping make this happen! I thank God for you.