Sunday, November 16, 2008

a2 Sunday In Review

Today was officially our second Sunday @ a2... Here are a few thoughts:

• Solid service today.

• Worship music was good. Very good. Janet and the team are off and running. Big thanks to Jon B, Justin O, Lee W, Mikey W, David W, Jeremy G, Chris G, Zach B, and Paul B for working so hard to help people encounter God.

• “God Is With Us” was a great way to kick off the service. We’ll be coming back to this one.

• Jon B did a great job leading "Happy Day." Love this guy's heart for God.

• Great to hear Bethany E. on “Mighty To Save.”

• Mikey led “Because of Your Love” by Phil Wickham. He did a great job. This song is a keeper. By the way, you can get Phil’s whole CD, “Singalong,” free HERE. This is a GREAT CD.

• Today I taught from Acts 8. Message title: SEARCHING…For A Personal God. I really felt passionate about today’s message. I love this chapter. I love the fact that God loves people so much that He’ll do practically anything to reach them. We’ll post the message on iTunes this week.

• I love this quote from John Ortberg. “The story of the Bible isn’t primarily about the desire of people to be with God; it’s the desire of God to be with people.”

• I really felt a sense of freedom and anointing to share the message. I'm praying that this will increase.

• Caley sang Ginny Owens’ song, “Someone Searching” at the end of the service. She’s my daughter, but I love to hear this girl sing. Moving. Perfect for this weekend’s message.

• I really believe it’s critical that we be the kinds of followers of Christ Philip was… Read his story in Acts 8:26-40. This guy was simply OBEDIENT. I long to be this kind of servant. He made an incredible impact.

• Love this quote from Mother Teresa. It defines Philip's life. “God has not called me to be successful. He has called me to be FAITHFUL.”

• Special thanks to Melanie B who made a big different in Guest Services, especially in set up.

• Thanks to Denise D. who helped prepare the building for weekend worship. Great job, Denise.

• This weekend we’ll be adding a few finishing touches to the facility. I look forward to seeing the curtains go up and the concrete floors finished. Thanks to Deborah W, Kris C and Bobby D for helping make this happen.

• Next weekend I’ll be teaching from Acts 9. Message title: SEARCHING…For Something Bigger Than Religion. I’m psyched about this message and look forward to presenting the simple message of God’s extravagant grace. Invite your friends, family members, neighbors and friends at work or school. This service could change their life.

• Next weekend we’ll also enjoy a huge THANKSGIVING BASH immediately following the service. Come for worship and stay for Thanksgiving Lunch with your a2 friends and family. We’ll provide the turkey, drinks, plates, cups, etc. We’re only asking you to bring a vegetable and your favorite dessert. Give the gift that keeps on giving and print the dessert recipe on a stack of 3X5 index cards to share with the a2 family.

• Pray like crazy. I can’t wait to share Paul’s story. I’m praying that people tired of religion would discover the beauty and freedom of God’s grace and the message of the gospel. See you next Sunday.

• I love what God is doing at a2. It's exciting to be a part of something new. Thanks for all of you who are a part of this journey. I love you.

No comments: