Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Seven Prayers To Pray for Your Child

This Sunday a2 Church will host our annual Back To School Celebration which includes a special time of prayer and blessing over students, parents and educators.  

Have you ever wondered, "How should I pray for my child?"  

Stormie Omartian has written several books on prayer, and in article for Parentl Life, Stormie suggests seven prayers we can pray for our children as they beginning a new school year.  Here's the article.  Thanks to Stormie for the insights.  
 
Back-to-School Prayer
Written by Stormie Omartian

This article is courtesy of ParentLife.

The beginning of the school year is a time of new beginnings filled with new learning and social challenges. And any new challenge for your child means a new challenge for you.


Seven Prayers to Pray

The following specific prayers will inspire you to pray every day.
1. Pray for your child’s friends. “Lord, Your Word says, ‘A righteous man is careful in dealing with his neighbor, but the ways of wicked men lead them astray’ (Proverbs 12:26). I pray that my child will choose godly friends and that you will separate her from all ungodly influences.”


2. Pray for your child to have a close walk with God. “Lord, Your Word says, ‘Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him’ (Revelation 3:20). I pray that my child always will open the door of her heart to You and Your voice so that You can lead her on the path You have for her.”


3. Pray for your child to resist rebellion. “Lord, Your Word says of those who ‘were disobedient and rebelled against You’ that You ‘gave them deliverers who rescued them from the power of their enemies’ (Nehemiah 9:26-27). I pray that my child will be obedient to You, me, and other God-ordained authority figures.”


4. Pray for your child to feel loved and accepted. “Lord, Your Word says that nothing ‘has the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!’ (Romans 8:39). I pray that my child will always sense Your love, as well as the love of family and friends, and feel accepted by us all.”


5. Pray for your child to have the joy of learning. “Lord, Your Word says that ‘all your children will be taught by the Lord’ (Isaiah 54:13). I pray that You would give my child the joy of learning and the ability to learn well.”


6. Pray for your child to have a good relationship with each family member. “Lord, Your Word says, ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God’ (Matthew 5:9). I pray that my child will be a peacemaker and have the kind of strong relationship with each family member that brings a sense of confidence.”


7. Pray for your child to have wisdom. “Lord, Your Word says that ‘wisdom is supreme so get wisdom’ (Proverbs 4:7). I pray that You will give my child wisdom that will serve to protect and guide her in all that she does.”

No comments: