Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Podcasts I Regularly Listen To:

Gateway Church Audio Podcast (I love the teaching of Robert Morris. Biblical, practical, down-to-earth, and Jesus-centered. Check him out.)

Willow Creek Community Church Weekend Podcast (In 1991, the teaching and ministry of Bill Hybels changed my life. His passion for people continues to inspire me. Teaching Pastor Steve Carter is also a very gifted communicator.)

This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt (Michael has some incredibly helpful insights on things like productivity, leadership, business, life-management, blogging and more. One of the most insightful podcasts you'll listen to.)

The EntreLeadership Podcast (Host Ken Coleman interviews world class leaders and provides insightful leadership principles regularly. I listen to this podcast every week!)

The Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast (Andy may be the most gifted, focused, world-class leader still leading a local church. The insights on his podcast often apply to business and church. This is one to check out.)

Jentezen Franklin (Jentezen is a fantastic preacher. He has excellent content and keeps me connected to my roots.)

Bethel Church Sermon of the Week (The teaching pastors of Bethel Church. I don't always agree with everything a teacher may present, but often a teacher presents a message that is not just powerful, but is life changing. This podcasts makes the regular rotation of things I listen to...)

National Community Church Audio Podcast (Mark Batterson is the lead pastor at NCC. Several of the teaching pastors are also outstanding. This podcast regularly builds my faith and challenges me to believe God to do big things in my life.)

The City Church with Judah Smith (Judah is a gifted communicator. His unique insights into the Bible are often fascinating and helpful.)

Timothy Keller Sermons Podcast by Gospel in Life (Tim has incredible wisdom and insight into God's Word and our culture.)

There are a few others that I occasionally listen to, but these are podcasts I go back to week after week after week.

“Five years from now you will be pretty much the same as you are today except for two things: the books you read and the people you get close to.” —Charles Jones

I'll probably never "get close to" Jentezen, Keller, Batterson, Bill or Robert Morris, but I can download their podcast every week and listen in on what they're sharing with their congregation... I can get insights from Michael Hyatt, Ken Coleman, Dave Ramsey and Andy Stanley on leadership...

Yes, I believe "leaders are readers," and I need to read regularly. But listening to great communicators communicate also gives me insight into things like the power of story, what makes for a good illustration, how to establish rapport with an audience, the importance of voice inflection, strategic pause, passion in teaching, etc.



No comments: