Wednesday, June 4, 2008

BIG WEEK - CELEBRATING 25 YEARS!!!

Next Tuesday, June 10 me and Janet will celebrate 25 years of marriage! Wow! Time flies while you’re having fun, having kids, doing life, church and ministry! (Yep! That's us a long, long time ago..)

I am so thankful for the grace God poured out upon me by bringing Janet into my life. Her love, faithfulness, friendship and partnership in ministry has made an incredible difference in me. We’ve been doing life and ministry together for about 28 years... Married for 25 of those years. God has blessed us with three great girls: Chelsea (19), Caley (16) and Camryn (6).

We’ve experienced some setbacks, difficulties, challenges and pain. But we’ve also experienced grace, joy, friendship, love, and laughter.

You can bet, we’re not celebrating 25 years because of anything good on Chris Goins’ part... We’re not even hitting the 25 year mark because of my amazing wife; even though I agree, “She’s the bomb” and a big part of it. We’re celebrating 25 years because of GOD – His love, grace, mercy and FAITHFULNESS. He has been the glue that has held our marriage together. He has been the “secret ingredient” that has made our marriage work. He has been the DEFINING DIFFERENCE.

Later today, Janet and I are heading out of town for about nine days. We’ll be taking time to talk, reflect, laugh, have a boat load of fun and just be together. The cell phones will be OFF! Very limited access to email. (My wife is smiling... I’m addicted to my MacBook.) The kids are staying home... (I’m smiling...)

Of all the incredible blessings God has sent my way, I am SO THANKFUL for my amazing wife...

We look forward to time away, and we look forward to being back in BHM – refreshed, revived and ready to see God do some amazing stuff through a2!

2 comments:

renee9268 said...

Congrats!!! Matt and I gonna be celebrating our 4th the 19th....only 21 more years to go!! :)

Enjoy, and again, congrats!

Anonymous said...

That's a heck of a white belt.

trav