Monday, March 31, 2008

FOUR GREAT NEW CD'S!!!

I love great music... Here are a few notable new CD's you might want to check out!


Lenny Kravitz
It's Time For A Love Revolution

Okay, I'm not endorsing everything Lenny says, does, sings or believes... I've never bought one of his CD's before... But on the advice of my younger brother I downloaded Lenny's new CD. I'm SO glad I did... The CD is heavily influenced by great classical rock music, but the lyrics are something else... From the very first song you get the sense that Kravitz has a lot to say about his relationship with God... It doesn't end with the first cut... Several of the tracks not only reference God, but also challenge listeners to call out to Jesus.

Check out the track "A New Door." It's stark, beautiful and simply amazing...


Leeland
Opposite Way

Leeland Mooring is somewhere around 19 years old... But He's writing lyrics that reflect a faith that is deep, passionate, reverent and worshipful... This is an excellent sophomore release with great music and inspired lyrics...

Check out the tracks "Count Me In" and "Brighter Days." Awesome.


The Raconteurs
Consolers of the Lonely

I can only take the White Stripes in small doses... Come on! Let's get real. It's not rock and roll without a huge bass guitar pounding through your subwoofers...

With The Raconteurs, Jack White of the White Stripes teams up with Brendan Benson, Jack Lawrence and Patrick Keeler... Jack and Brendan share lead vocals and most of the writing... The music is heavily influenced by classic rockers like Led Zepplin... The music is original, inspired and quite frankly, on some cuts, amazing.

Check out the title cut and "Many Shades of Black." Great stuff.


Robbie Seay Band
Give Yourself Away

I had this CD on my IPOD for a few weeks before I gave it a serious listen... This CD is worshipful, creative and inspired... Robbie's voice is one of the finest voices in music right now...

The tracks "Song of Hope" and "Shine Your Light On Us" are two of my favorite songs right now... By the way, the CD is available on I-tunes for $7.99. Not bad, especially for a great CD.


THREE CD'S I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO:

P.O.D.
When Angels and Serpents Dance

I love these guys! The new CD hits stores in one week, on April 8. I'm counting the days... "I've got that Boom Bye Bye, so nobody disrespect, Jah love..."

Delirious
Kingdom of Comfort

These guys have been so instrumental in what God is doing in modern praise and worship music. Huge hearts for God. Loads of creativity. Unfortunately, they're a little "hit and miss" when it comes to consistency on their CD's, but I'm holding my breath for another breakthrough release. It hits stores tomorrow, April 1.

Hawk Nelson
Hawk Nelson Is My Friend

OK... I hate to admit it, but I loved their sophomore release... It was in regular rotation on my IPOD for weeks, especially during workouts... Tomorrow their new CD breaks... Should be a lot of fun... In fact, I'm taking my youngest daughter to their Green T Tour that hits B'ham on April 19. "Here we go, Let's take 'em to the show...whoaoh!!!"

1 comment:

WEB SHERIFF said...

WEB SHERIFF
Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208-323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi Chris,

On behalf of XL Recordings and Warner Bros Records, many thanks for plugging “Consolers Of The Lonely” ... .. thanks also, on behalf of the labels and The Raconteurs, for not posting any pirate links although, if you / your readers would like a good quality, non-pirated, preview clip, a widget of the promo video for “Salute Your Solution” is available for fans and bloggers to embed at http://www.theraconteurs.com/widget.html .

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF