Monday, March 31, 2008

SWEET SIXTEEN


Okay, guys... I am getting OLD! Today our middle daughter, Caley, turned SWEET SIXTEEN.

I can't stand it! She woke up this morning with this look on her face that reminded me of Mel Gibson in Braveheart, "Freedom!" Then, she couldn't stop smiling... Couldn't stop...

Janet took her to get her Driver's License. After four hours - yes, four hours - she walked out with a small piece of paper... Still smiling! I gave her the "Drive safe" speech for the 500th time.. She smiled... She drove by herself for the first time... Yep. She was still smiling...

We went out to eat with her and a friend. We'll officially celebrate on Friday... She drove... She was still smiling!

Watching her drive out of the parking, helped me realize again, my life has radically changed! Janet and I now have two teenage daughters who are driving.. "Heaven, help us..."

On a serious note, I thank God for my three daughters... They are ALL incredible gifts of God... I LOVE them and am humbled that they call me, "Dad."

As far as Caley, she is a great girl. This weekend we took a road trip together. We listened to great music! Rocked out to The Raconteurs... Ate some mexican food... Went to three church services together... Worshipped... Talked... Had an incredible time...

I loved getting to hear her talk and share her thoughts, hopes, opinions, ideas and dreams... She loves God. She loves her family and friends. She loves to laugh, smile, sing and dance... She loves life...

Happy Birthday, Caley! Keep smiling, baby... Hey, I'm smiling, too!

No comments: