Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I SEE A CHURCH...

Yesterday I ran across this post from Perry Noble of Newspring Church. It contains a quote from Brian Houston, the founding pastor of Hillsong Church in Australia.

Great stuff.

Here's Perry's intro and Brian's quote. Read it. Dream. Pray. Believe.


This Makes Me Wanna Charge Hell With A Water Pistol
Perry Noble

There are often things I read that inspire and motivate me…and then there are things that I read that MOVE meSERIOUSLY move me…

In my opinion, Brian Houston is one of the most incredible leaders on the planet…and today I want to share something that he said in regards to the church that COULD be one of the most POWERFUL things I’ve ever read…

If you are a church leader or volunteer…seriously take a few minutes to read through this…and then beg God that this would be true of your church…I am BEGGING God for this at NewSpring Church…

“The church that I see is a church of influence. A church so large in size that the city and nation cannot ignore it.

A church growing so quickly that buildings struggle to contain the increase.

I see a church whose heartfelt praise and worship touches heaven and changes earth. Worship which influences the praises of people throughout the earth, exalting Christ with powerful songs of faith and hope.

I see a church whose altars are constantly filled with repentant sinners responding to Christ’s call to salvation.

Yes, the church that I see is so dependent on the Holy Spirit that nothing will stop it, nor stand against it.

A church whose people are unified, praying and full of God’s Spirit.

The church that I see has a message so clear that lives are being changed forever and potential is fulfilled though the power of His Word. A message beamed to the peoples of the earth through their television screens.

I see a church so compassionate that people are drawn from impossible situations into a loving and friendly circle of hope, where answers are found and acceptance is given.

I see a people so kingdom-minded that they will count whatever the cost and pay whatever the price to see revival sweep this land.

The church that I see is a church so committed to raising, training and empowering a leadership generation to reap the end-time harvest that all its ministries are consumed with this goal.

I see a church whose head is Jesus, whose help is the Holy Spirit and whose focus is the Great Commission.

Yes, the church that I see could well be our church, and it very well could be your church.”



________________________________

I'm begging God to make this happen @ a2...

No comments: