Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday In Review

Here are a few thoughts about this past Sunday @ a2 Church.

• Good Sunday at a2.

• Attendance was very good, not GREAT, but very good. The weekend after Thanksgiving is always a tough one when it comes to church attendance, but we actually had a pretty good crowd.

• Worship was excellent. I love the song, “To Know Your Name.” The lyrics move me every time:

“I know you gave, your one and only Son for us
To know Your Name, to live within the Savior’s love
You took my place, knowing You’d be crucified
And you loved, you loved, a people undeserving!”

Amen!

• I think this weekend’s was an important message. Acts 10 is so relevant to this culture and our tendency to hide behind the little “fences” and boundary markers we create to neatly divide the world up into “innies” and “outies.” God has called His followers to break down the barriers and reach out beyond the comforts and safety of our “fences” and “boundary markers.” Keep in mind: you’ve never locked eyes with a person that doesn’t matter to God.

• The Goo Goo Dolls cover of “Better Days” was strong. We’re blessed to have Mike Shaw on the team.

• I’m pumped about next week’s new series: CHRISTMAS REBELLION: Taking Christmas Back.

• We’re going to pull out all the stops on this series. If you’ve ever thought about inviting your friends, co-workers or family, trust me, you need to get them there this Sunday.

• This series is going to rock: creatively, visually, musically, and message wise.

• I’m excited about Christmas Eve @ a2. Our first Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion is going to be an evening to remember.

• Had an incredible Thanksgiving week with family and friends. Had a great time with Janet’s family on Monday PM and Tuesday. God’s blessed me with some great in-laws. Me entire family converged on BHM Wednesday. We celebrated together Wednesday PM and Thursday. I laughed more this week than I’ve laughed in a long, long time… It’s always awesome when our large, highly dysfunctional, but saved-by-grace family gets together. I thank God for a super mom, great bros and extended family.

• After Thanksgiving and in preparation for Christmas, I’m getting serious about physical fitness again TOMORROW. No procrastination. I’ll be at the gym bright and early…

No comments: