Friday, December 19, 2008

IF WE REALLY BELIEVE...

Okay, I'm not a Penn and Teller fan... But this video from Penn (of Penn and Teller) blew me away.

It's obvious that was Penn was "touched" by the kindness of a guy who dared to reach out to him... And while he is a self-described atheist, his words ring like the words of a prophet to people like myself who sometimes worry that perhaps sharing my faith will feel "awkward" or seem impolite...

Watch this video and let me know what you think...



Here's what Penn says:

"I don't respect people who don't proselytize. If you believe that there's a heaven and hell, and people could be going to hell, and you think, 'Well, it's not really worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward'... How much do you have to hate somebody not to proselytize?"


Wow! What do you think?

2 comments:

Brian Reaves said...

If such a hardcore atheist as Penn can be touched by such a simple, unobtrusive gesture without resorting to name-calling or mockery, then we are without excuse to say something so small cannot plant a seed in someone's life.

Chris Goins said...

I agree, Brian. Thanks so much for dropping by and sharing...