Thursday, October 16, 2008

CREATIVITY AND ARTISTRY


New Creation from FC Post on Vimeo.

Creativity is one of the CORE VALUES at a2 Church. It reads like this:

Core Value #8: Creativity and Artistry
We believe that God is the master artist. He paints on a canvas as big as the Universe. We desire to move people towards a God-centered vision of the arts that expresses itself through worship, the discipleship of artists, and creating a life-giving community where artists are inspired to use their gifts to glorify God and inspire people (Psalm 19:1 Exodus 31:2; 35:30-35).

Recently Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas featured this song as part of one of their worship services. The song is titled New Creation and is off of a new worship CD by FC titled "Closer To The Start."

When I first watched this "performance" I was moved... The song is beautifully written. The vocal is delivered with a sense of urgency and intensity. The performance is visually creative. It feels like everything comes together to create a "moment."

I believe God loves it when His kids find creative ways to presence ancient truth.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

The incredible truth of the possibility of TRANSFORMATION deserves a beautiful, creative and anointed presentation.

This song and "performance" challenges me... It challenges me to pray, seek God, listen, learn and work to deliver fresh, relevant, creative messages of the ancient, unchanging truth of God's word. I love it!

2 comments:

jeremyself said...

that video is STUPID cool! oh my!

there is no doubt in my mind that God was glorified in that! and, i have no question that God is going to use a2 church to do crazy good creative stuff like that!

go for it!

Shannon Johnson said...

Hey Chris this is Kevin - I love it! I'll call Mike Shaw and I'll have the paint ready on Sunday. - Kevin