Saturday, October 11, 2008

I AM THANKFUL!!!





This past week has been a really tough week for a whole lot of people... Yesterday I received an email from a friend of mine who indicated that in all of his years as a small business owner he had never experienced a period of time like this... A lot of people are HURTING in a BIG WAY...

In some very real ways, the last twelve months have been the most difficult months of my life... A year ago last week I spoke at my Dad's church the first Sunday after stepping down from a senior pastorate... Last week, I spoke at my Dad's church again... One big difference... Dad's in heaven... We're still here...

I could go on... But that's not why I logged on this evening... I didn't log on to list my regrets or to whine about the curve balls life has thrown me... I logged on to EXPRESS A LITTLE BIT OF GRATITUDE...

In days like these, it's so important to think about and celebrate the gifts we have. Not the things we lack... In honor of that, I wanted to share a few photos with you of the GREATEST BLESSING God has ever given me, apart from what Jesus did for me on the cross... And that's the girl He brought into my life more than 30 years ago - MY WIFE OF 25 YEARS - Janet.

Here are a few pics our friend Becky Abernathy took this summer. They help me remember one of the GREATEST GIFTS God has ever blessed me with... MY WIFE.

Am I concerned about all of the absolute CRAZINESS going on in our world? You bet. More than a little. But I am also THANKFUL for the gifts God has given me... My wife and three incredible girls... My mom and my in-laws... My brothers and my brother's in law and sister's in law. Aunts and uncles. Friends. Laughter. Music. Love. Grace. Grace. Grace. More grace. The church... I could go on... And on... And on...

Janet, if you read this... Know that I am SO GRATEFUL TO GOD FOR YOU... Why you love me? I'll never know. But I'm so GLAD TO GOD that you do.

What about you? What do you have to be thankful for today? Think about it...

1 comment:

Brian Reaves said...

It's been years, but I wanted to see how you were. God laid you on my heart today for some reason, so I checked the internet and found your blog. You guys look great! Glad to hear you're starting another church. It really sounds powerful! I'm praying for you that God would bless your ministry like never before. Hopefully you guys will put some of your stuff online so the rest of us can enjoy it. :)