Sunday, July 13, 2008

GOD IS GREAT, GOD IS GOOD!!!

God is good...

That phrase gets tossed around a lot... At least in the circles I tend to run in... But most of the time when it gets used, its used casually, without even thinking; without considering its meaning or implications...

But the longer I live, the more I come to believe and trust in the truth of this simple statement: GOD IS GOOD.

The Bible puts it like this:

Psalm 145:9, "The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all that He has made."

The Message reads, "God is good to one and all; everything he does is suffused with grace."

Do you live like that? Do you really believe and live like "everything God doe is suffused with His amazing, incredible and extravagant grace"?

I don't. I forget. I get nervous and apprehensive. I revert to concepts of God based on fear, judgment or guilt... My life would radically change if I really believed God is good and everything He does - including his justice and judgement - is suffused with His grace...


Or, how about this one.

Psalm 118:29, "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

The Message reads, "He is so good. His love never quits."

Wow!


Finally, how about this one:

Psalm 34:8, "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."

The Message reads: "Open your mouth and taste, open your eyes and see—how good God is. Blessed are you who run to him."

That sort of describes why I'm writing this today... Over the past few days, during my devotional time, I've paused... I've stopped... I've opened my heart, mouth, eyes and mind long enough to reflect on how GOOD God really is... How GOOD God has really been to me...

The result? Today I'm a mess... Not in a bad way... But I have been and am being unraveled by the GOODNESS of God.


If you haven't done it lately, pause for just a few minutes today to remember GOD IS GOOD!

No comments: