Thursday, July 3, 2008

HOPE

This morning my devotional time included Hosea 6:1-3 (NIrV). These verses moved me...

If you're hurting, struggling, wondering why your world has been turned completely upside down, this passage is filled with something all of us desperately need...HOPE.

The people say, "Come. Let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces. But he will heal us. He has wounded us. But he'll bandage our wounds.
2. After two days he will give us new life. On the third day he'll make us like new again. Then we will enjoy his blessing.
3. Let's recognize him as the Lord. Let's keep trying to really know him. You can be sure the sun will rise. And you can be just as sure the LORD will appear. He will come to renew us like the winter rains. He will be like the spring rains that water the earth."


The hope of the people in the book of Hosea was completely tied up in "returning to" and "knowing" God.

And somehow they were able to bank on this idea - "As sure as the sun comes up in the morning, God is going to reveal Himself to us. And when God shows up, that will be ENOUGH."

They're right. When God shows up, your problems may not be over. There may still be battles to fight and obstacles to face. But somehow, KNOWING GOD, trumps all of these "sideshows" and His glory and presence take center stage in your life. And maybe, just maybe, the scars and wounds that you've experienced, were part of what was necessary to point you back to what really matters - GOD! GOD! And more of GOD.

And with God, comes this amazing promise of not only a new leaf, but a new life.

That's HOPE.

3 comments:

Micah Andrews said...

thanks for bringing this to my attention... the timing was beautiful!

myjam2181 said...

Before I open my eyes to a new day I plead with the Father to speak to me. I need to know that he is present through my every motion. For whatever reason I find myself seeking confirmation for his direction daily and everyday my faith is strengthened. I needed this blessing! Thank you for your obedience.
Ami

Chris Goins said...

Thanks so much for dropping by the blog. It's my sincere prayer that God meet you right where you are and that His purpose and plan be accomplished in your life.

Keep the faith. Pursue God's heart.

Chris