Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wall-E and Seth

Friday night was movie night. Me, Janet and all three girls (Chelsea - 20, Caley - 16, Camryn - 8) loaded up and went to see the new Pixar / Disney flick Wall-E.

What an incredible movie!

One word: Wow!
Another word: Masterpiece!
Another word: Magnificent!

I could keep going... I can't say enough good things about this movie.

The movie contains a beautiful love story and an important message. It rises to the standard of creative excellence and there's a "timeless" quality about it. All three of my girls - the sarcastic college student, artsy high school student, and wide open third grader - walked out of the movie blown away and completely in love with Wall-E.

If you haven't seen it, this one definitely makes my "BEST OF" LIST for the year.

Yesterday, I read THIS POST from marketing guru Seth Godin, and it made me think about why we loved this little movie so much.

Regardless of what you're called to do, you might want to check out Seth's comments and think about how you can pursue excellence in your chosen field. Sometimes the "payoff" can be huge, even when you're not doing it for the "payoff."

No comments: