Wednesday, May 28, 2008

KINGDOM OF COMFORT - Delirious?


Just purchased the new CD by the English worship / rock band Delirious? Sometimes a band will produce great music. Sometimes something else is at work... Something anointed... Something prophetic...

That's what I felt when I listened to the entire CD... The music is still British Rock... Somewhat atmospheric... But the lyrics are filled with depth and poignancy...

The first track on the CD is the title track... Check out these lyrics...

Save me, save me
From the kingdom of comfort where I am king
From my unhealthy lust of material things.


I built myself a happy home
In my palace on my own
My castle falling in the sand
Pull me out, please grab my hand
I just forgot where I came from

Save me save me
From the kingdom of comfort where I am king
From my unhealthy lust of material things

I rob myself of innocence
With the poison of indifference
I buy my stuff at any cost
A couple of clicks and I pay the price
Cuz what I gain is someone else’s loss

Not all of the songs are as lyrically challenging as "Kingdom of Comfort," but several pack a punch both musically and lyrically. Several of the tunes speak to the issue of social justice, but some are simple, sometimes even stark, worship songs that seek to magnify the greatness of our God.

Check the CD out. You can get a sneak peek of the tracks on the Delirious? website... Also, if you buy the CD, the liner notes contain a message from Shane Claiborne that speaks powerfully.

After you check out the CD let me know what you think...

No comments: