Monday, August 18, 2008

a2 OFFICIALLY LAUNCHES!








Last night a2 Church officially launched. Wow!

Here's a USA Today re-cap of what went down...

* We had a promising kickoff attendance...

101 Adults in the Worship Center
11 Children's Ministry Adult Volunteers
36 Children
_______
148 Total Attendance

We doubled the number of children over our attendance at the Preview Service. That's exciting.

We also had 20 more adults than we had at the Preview Service

Yeah, God! Thanks to all of you who came out and worshiped with us. It was great to see so many friends...

* The Guest Services Team blew me away!

We had greeters stationed at the drive, all entrance ways and the Children's Ministry area. Thanks to all of you who were involved. You helped to make a2 warm and inviting to everyone who took the time to check things out. Thanks!

Special thanks to Jeremy Self of Free Chapel for his leadership in this area.

* Bill Robbins and the a2 Kids team did a great job.

The ultimate compliment came when my eight year old daughter saw me immediately after the service... She came running up to me and said, "Dad, church was fun!"

I love it. That's music to a parents ears... I also know that she learned some things about God... Thanks to the eleven volunteers who made this happen.

By the way, with a growing Children's Ministry like this, we're going to need additional volunteers. You can email Bill at invernesbill@mac.com or brobbins@a2church.org for more information.

* The House Band and Worship Team did a great job!

I'm really proud of my wife, Janet and the prayer, heart, energy and effort she poured into this evening. I love her heart for worship and her love for people.

Everyone involved in the Band and Worship Team worked really hard throughout the week and led us in a meaningful time of worship.

It was awesome to have Antwane, Bobbi Jo and their beautiful little girl, Olivia visiting from the ATL. Twane absolutely slaughtered the bass...

I believe every week we'll continue to see God bring together the musicians and singers He has designed to lead us in corporately worshiping our GREAT GOD. It will take a little time for the band and team to "gel," but I think we're off to a great start.

* Cool Introduction Video.

Thanks to Stephen Burton who edited one of my favorite commercials - the new Nike Courage commercial. Stephen put an "a2" spin on a commercial that inspires me to believe that maybe there's more to life than just winning... Maybe sometimes you just need to go for it, even if you fail... Because, after all, "I got soul..."

* Scripture Reading

It was great to have Micah and Karie Andrews read to us our text for last evening. I love these guys and their hearts for God.

* Teaching

I poured a boat load of time and study into last evening's message, but walked away feeling that it was "okay." Not great. Not terrible. Just "okay."

The one thing I'm convinced of is that we taught God's Word. The cool thing about teaching God's Word is that even when you do just an "okay" job doing it, God will not allow His word to "return to Him void. It will accomplish the purpose for which He has sent it."

Here's to God's power to anoint the teaching of His Word. You can click here for the notes from last night's message.

By the way, CD's are available of both the Preview Service and the Launch Service.

* Once again, those present responded generously in their tithes and offerings... Thanks so much for your partnership in ministry. You guys blow me away.

* Finally, after the service, more than 40 "a2-ers" invaded Jason's Deli on Highway 280. At least half were kids... It got wild. Real wild! But it was also a blast. I love hanging out with the people God is bringing to a2.


I believe God is "up to something." And I really believe that if we can take the three simple actions steps I shared at the conclusion of last evening's message, we'll see God do something really special with a2.

1. Obey and wait.


This one is so hard for me... But this week, I need to spend some time in prayer and contemplation. I desperately need to hear from God.

Let's partner together in spending time with the Father this week. It can change everything.

2. Be Filled With The Holy Spirit.

The only way I can love my family and lead this church is through the power of the Holy Spirit.

The only way a2 will be the kind of church God wants it to be is as we consistently make ourselves available to God for Him to "fill us with His Spirit."

3. Ask God To Make Us Dangerous.

We don't need another "safe" church or any more "safe" Christians in BHM. We need churches and believers who are DANGEROUS!

Let's be that kind of church!

Well, the adventure continues next week.

a2 Worship
Sunday, August 24, 5:30
Inverness Vineyard Church
4733 Valleydale Road

1 comment:

Sheril Brasher said...

I am so glad that your launch went well. I would love to get a copy of the service. I miss you guys and would love to have you all out here in Ensenada if it ever works out!! If you want some more info, just let me know!!!

Love you and am praying for you and your family and a2!!!!

~ Sheril