Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NEVER GONNA BE AS GOOD AS...

Recently read this excellent post by Craig Groeshel over at Swerve from Life Church.tv. It really helped me put things into perspective...

Here's Craig's post...


Who I’ll Never Be

I’ll never be as a great a leader as Bill Hybels.
I’ll never be as deep as John Piper.
I’ll never be as smart as Mark Driscoll.
I’ll never be as creative as Ed Young.
I’ll never be as passionate as Steven Furtick.
I’ll never be as funny as Perry Noble.
I’ll never write like Erwin McManus.
I’ll never preach on one point as amazingly as Andy Stanley.
I’ll never have as big of arms as Bishop Eddie Long.
I’ll never be as Purpose Driven as Rick Warren.
I’ll never be as positive as Joel Osteen.

Thankfully, I’m not called by God to be any of those people!

And neither are you!

Although I can’t be them, God has created me with the ability to:

* Cast a compelling vision and move people radically toward Christ.
* Recognize talent and gifts in people most overlook.
* Reach people for Christ who are far from God.

What are the top three gifts/talents/abilities God has given you?


A great question to think about and journal on... So, what about it? What is it that God has gifted and "called" you to do that is unique to the way He wired you up?

No comments: