Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I LOVE THIS PICTURE

Regardless of what camp you're in politically, this picture reminds me of our responsibility as believers to fulfill Paul's admonition to Timothy.

1 Timothy 2:1-3 (NLT), I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God’s mercy upon them, and give thanks. 2 Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleases God our Savior...
I really like the way The Message paraphrases this verse:

1 Timothy 2:1-2 (MSG), "The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. 2 Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well..."

Today, as our 44th President takes his oath of office, let's pray for Mr. Obama, his wife Michelle, their children Malia and Natasha.

"This is good and pleases God our Savior."

1 comment:

Shannon Johnson said...

GREAT picture!! I love that and I echo your comments on praying for our President. I can't imagine what they must be feeling right now!!! Wow. Great Post Chris!